Friday, August 8, 2008

RADAR RAIDERS: KRYSIS (part II)


RELATED BLOGS:
RADAR RAIDERS: KRYSIS (PART I)

  • Who are some of your biggest influences?
My biggest musical influence 1st and foremost is my older brother Kemo. He's the main person that gave me the desire to the type of music I create and inspired me to keep pushin myself to the next level on the tracks that I make. I have a whole lot of music influences... Nas, Anita Baker, Styles P., Lupe Fiasco, Jay-z and Talib Kweli.

NAS has the best rap catalog, PERIOD!

ANITA BAKER is my favorite singer of all time. She's a real humble and quiet person, but when she starts singin', her vocal range and delivery really shows she's one of the most dynamic artists to grace a mic. I love that about her..plus her music as whole is real positive and shows a wide range of emotion.

STYLES P. is one of the dopest artists i've heard. Dude's delivery is sick, plus the pain and anger in his voice is crazy! But the biggest thing is that he is one of the deepest artists, that i've heard. He says some of the most thought provoking lines that i've ever heard an artist say. But he keeps it gutter, and still holds his intelligent side of him in place. He is the BEST mixtape artist out...dude puts out classics for the streets everytime he comes out... VERY underrated.

LUPE FIASCO is the best new artist that came in the rap game within the last 5 years. The first time I heard him was on his mixtapes. Dude's delivery is reminincent of Jay-Z,but his content was a lil more deeper. And after I heard his 1st album,"Food & Liquor", I really became a fan...and his follow up album on "The Cool" really put Lupe in my list of top 5 rappers right now. Dude is ill. And he's gon do big things with the label 1st&15th!

JAY-Z... I ain't gotta say too much about dude,yall already know that's the GodMc...what I really commend him on is how business savvy he is. He showed other rappers that you could really make big money off in this game, if you got your business down packed. Plus dude switches his delivery up like NO other...BAR NONE. I don't care who you name, Jigga is the illest when it comes to playin wit words and switchin up the flo.

Last but not least... TALIB KWELI. I really respect Talib..dude is probably the dopest concious MC in the game. He's respected by all types of rappers in the game, whether it's thug rappers, bubble-gum rappers, concious..whoever. Everybody know Talib is that dude dat can spit and deliver a positive message in his song. Plus I admire him because he built his own label BlackSmith Records and is doin real well on the independent grind with that team.
  • What's your take on the current state of music?
The current state of music is OKAY right now, but I feel like there should be a little more creativity in it, so it won't become a stagnant industry. We get a LITTLE bit of shine of creativity when we have artists like Lupe, Outkast, Kanye West, Star Trak, Keyshia Cole, The Cool Kids and a few others come out and drop a song that stands apart from everything else that is out. And I ain't one of these dudes dats gon come after Soulja Boy or any artist and point the finger at them and say their killin the music. Soulja Boy and artists like him have their own fanbase that they cater to. I wouldn't bump his music...but my little cousins and nephew like their music and he's not advocating violence and nut'n too crazy, so I ain't gon hate on the dude. I also would like to see a wider range of hiphop shown on TV and on the radio. Right now, most rap music on TV and the radio are club songs, dance songs and straight up hood songs. It's nuthin' wrong wit dat kind of music, we need that as a part of hiphop...BUT the only bad thing when you ONLY expose that kind of music, it sets up all artists under that umbrella of rap music to be stereotyped and criticized for just being a certain way. There are plenty of artists on the underground that have something extremely different to offer than what you hear and see on radio and TV,but they'll never be heard, because TV and radio are refusing to play their type of music. It's a huge imbalance in hiphop right now. There's 1,000+ gangsta and dance-making rappers in the mainstream music...and only like 5 real MC's that have a lil bit a light shed on them. It shouldn't be like that. All varieties of hip hop should be shown to the people, so the mass majority won't be so quick to categorize rap for being a certain way. Other than that tho', the state of music is still doin pretty good in the mist of declining cd sales and bootlegging. Recession my brotha... Recession.
  • What artists in the industry would you like to work with?
Wow... what artists would I like to work with... ooohhhweee, that's a long list, but once again...i'll try to keep it short. Nas, Styles P., Anita Baker, Patti LaBelle, Dave Matthews Band, Chrisette Michelle, Kanye West, Jadakiss, Papoose, Trae, Z-Ro, Scarface, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots, Vivian Green, Cage, Eminem, Jay-Z, the lead singer of the Stylistics, Alicia Keys, Al Green, Outkast, Ludacris, Young Buck, Q-Tip, Mary J. Blige, Keyshia Cole,Beanie Siegel, Count Bass D.
  • What producers do you feel would accommodate your style perfectly?
Count Bass D, MF Doom, DJ Premier, Statik Selektah, Madlib, Dr. Dre, Alchemist, 9th Wonder, RJD2, El-P, Salaam Remi, Just Blaze, Neptunes, Kanye West,DangerMouse and also an underground producer in Tennessee named Double JP which I will be workin with very soon.



PART III coming in the next few days!! Check back with the Radar Raiders!!

No comments: